Perioperative Services and Sterile Processing Department (SPD): Collaboration for Success
This workshop will provide Perioperative Executives and SPD Managers with tools and strategies to enhance the collaboration and overall outcomes for the OR and SPD. We will discuss the new contemporary bundling of total joints. You will learn techniques to strengthen the interdisciplinary relationship of Perioperative Services and SPD to help achieve cost savings strategies to implement in your facilities.
Specific topics important to the efficient functioning of the OR and SPD to be discussed are as follows:
- Productivity measures
- Staffing formula
- Management and maintenance of equipment
- Cost-savings strategies
- Templates for process improvement plans
Multiple opportunities will be provided for participants to network with our expert speakers, colleagues, and industry partners to discuss current issues and best practices. You will work in small groups and use methods and tools discussed in the morning to respond to your facility’s challenges. Time will be provided for you to discuss your current challenges, creative solutions, and success stories related to process improvements.
Perioperative Executives are encouraged to bring their SPD Managers to learn together as afternoon activities will be focused on developing an action plan to implement in your own facility.
- Discuss contemporary issues with bundle payments regarding total joint procedures.
- Identify key operational issues related to the daily functions/workflow of SPD and how they relate to efficiencies in the OR.
- Evaluate solutions for measuring productivity in SPD to establish appropriate FTEs for staffing.
- Discuss the role of SPD in overall management and maintenance of equipment.
- Discuss needed collaboration between OR and SPD to improve outcomes.