1 St. Clair Avenue NE
Cleveland, OH 44114
This event is part of a series of Regional Event Offerings being held in Cleveland, OH between December 11-13, 2014. Please refer to the attached "Cleveland RE Flyer" at the bottom of this website for additional events and corresponding websites.
As complement to the regional events, HIMSS is hosting nurses, physicians and IT professionals in Cleveland, Ohio. HIMSS is pleased to offer tours of two surrounding hospitals: Cleveland Clinic, and UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. This half-day tour will provide an overview of each hospital and will focus on the technology used at each location. Below is a brief overview of each facility and what areas will be featured on tour.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit, multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Today, with more than 1,440 beds at its main campus and more than 4,450 total beds throughout the system, Cleveland Clinic is one of the largest and most respected hospitals in the country.
- Overview of Cleveland Clinic - Martin Harris, MD, Chief Information Officer, Cleveland Clinic
- Hybrid cardiac OR with integrated imaging
- ICU- EMR & imaging integration in action
- Regular Nursing floor technology: EMR, Vocera, pyxsis, omni cell
- Automated guided vehicles for supply delivery
- Pilot remote monitoring technology and software in action
UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital is a 244-bed, full-service children's hospital and academic medical center. A trusted leader in pediatric health care for more than 125 years, UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital consistently ranks among the top children's hospitals in the nation. As the region's premier resource for pediatric referrals, UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital's dedicated team of more than 1,300 pediatric specialists uses the most advanced treatments and latest innovations to deliver the complete range of pediatric specialty services for 700,000 patient encounters, annually. Among the nation's leading academic medical centers, University Hospitals Case Medical Center is the primary affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, a nationally recognized leader in medical research and education.
- Overview of UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
- Neonatal Intensive Care unit (integrated nurse call, patient video monitoring, & alarm management. Vocera, Emergen)
- Angie Fowler Adolescent & Young Adult Cancer Institute
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
*Please note that lunch will not be provided
Before arriving on site it is recommended that you review the parking options available.