Crain's September 21, 2015 Business Breakfast
Crain’s Ideas at Dawn: Data Security and Privacy for Health Care Entities
Join Crain’s and our partners at Benesch as we explore the biggest challenges facing health care data security today. Our panel of experts will discuss...
- Mitigating risk through “front-end” compliance.
- Potential personal liability for members of boards of directors and trustees for data security and privacy breaches.
- Reputational harm associated with data security and privacy breaches – the silent killer.
- HIPAA compliance for business associates – how the revised HIPAA Security Rule applies more broadly than ever before.
- Strategies to ensure protected health information remains secure.
- Managing data breaches responsibility as to mitigate harm.
- Communicating the importance of patient privacy to employees.
- Managing electronic patient data/record transfers.
- Challenges due to software compatibility and privacy.
Moderator: Mike Stovsky, Chair, Innovations, Information Technology & Intellectual Property(3iP) Practice Group, Benesch
Frank W. Carsonie, Partner & Chair, Health Care Practice Group, Benesch
John DiMaggio, Co-founder and CEO, Blue Orange Compliance
Jennifer Horowitz, Senior Director of Research, HIMSS North America
Seth Wolf, Associate General Counsel, University Hospitals
7:00-8:00am - Breakfast & Networking
8:00-9:30am - Panel Discussion
Self-parking is available at the Huntington Garage (this garage has two access points) via 101 West Lakeside or 1129 West 3rd. St
Valet Parking is available at the Global Center for Health Innovation
Individual Ticket - $30.00
Groups of eight (8) - $200.00
Dress is business attire.
Enjoy a continental breakfast of freshly baked breads and pastries accompanied by creamery butter and fresh fruit preserves. Fresh fruit cups, Low-fat and regular fruit yogurts, assorted juices, coffee and tea.