1. Create content and conversation.
Great social media content:
- Puts the needs of your audience before your own
- Is non-promotional
- Invites responses by asking questions
- Shares provocative, thought-leading insights
- Focuses on the value of health IT
- Celebrates the health IT community and its progress
- Has a clear and engaging call-to-action
2. Listen for and observe audience expectations, concerns and interests.Be sure to pay attention to:
- The official hashtag for the event on Twitter and Facebook: #HITsecurity
- HIMSS’s social media communications for the event via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
3. Be present and active.
Be engaged and active in your social presence to reach a larger health IT audience and influencers:
- Listen and contribute to the greater #HITsecurity conversation as it unfolds on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
4. Start a dialogue.
Leverage the HIMSS Cybersecurity Hub to create a dialogue with your audience. Start a discussion via your LinkedIn group, host a Google+ Hangout, have a discussion on your Facebook pager, or host a Twitter chat.
Good conversations require you to:
- Connect with your audience’s needs before your own
- Listen and be open-minded
- Be responsive
- Be sincere and genuine
- Show gratitude
5. Create and share a video.
Share your perspective on key industry topics by creating a video. Shoot a short video and share it via social channels prior, during and after the event using the #HITsecurity hashtag.